CALGARY – A public weather alert has been issued in Calgary and other parts of Alberta. The heat index is expected to reach higher numbers. Despite that, it is not considered fatal. Businesses and residents might be affected a little bit because of the intensely hot weather.
The forecast is that the temperature can go up as high as 30 degrees Celsius. The authorities in the area have already imposed precautionary measures. It is expected all over Western Canada this month which is why it is not surprising anymore.
Despite that, the preparedness for such a situation is incredible. There are reminders that are handed out by the authorities such as the following:
- Only do physical activities when the temperatures are low
- Drink plenty of water
- Keep your room well-ventilated
- Avoid going outdoors when the temperatures are very high
- Do not leave your kid or pet inside your car especially when the engine is not running
- Be aware of the elderly in your household as well as they are more prone to heat strokes
Calgary’s haze is expected also to intensify in the following days with a 5 over 10 rating from the Air Quality Health Index.
On top of that, the breakouts of fire hazards will also rise. This is why it is important to be vigilant at all times. Be prepared and everything will be just fine!